Thursday 20 January 2011

in the doghouse

Logan has not enjoyed his bed rest, short walks and 'brain' training so yesterday met up with a friend to walk him with her dogs and show her a walk she didn't know about.

Started off okay, then a bit of pogoing around, trying to leap into the road after birds and rubbish and when we got to the woods I decided to let him off the lead so he could have a little freedom.
All was well and he sniffed and snuffed in the undergrowth and kept close then something must have caught his eye and he disappeared - no problem I thought he never goes far - hmm, all this bed rest has turned him into a naughty boy and despite both my friend and I whistling and calling him there was sight nor sound.

You can imagine the panic setting in as we hunted high and low and eventually decided to go back to where we entered the woods in case he'd gone back there. No sign of him there but after whistling again I heard a faint cry so while my friend waited I kept whistling and walking in the direction of the cry.

Talk about relief when a very subdued Logan came towards me with hanging head and tail down. Thinking he might have scared himself when he couldn't find me I called 'quickie quickie' and he perked up, broke into a run and nearly flattened me as he came into my legs. I guess a combination of pent up energy and teenage rebelliousness doesn't make for a well behaved pup.

He was missing for almost an hour and got his just desserts today - a trip to the groomers to get rid of the stench he picked up on his adventure!!

Back to basics and food will only be dispensed as part of his refresher course in recall!!

Hope his sister and brothers are all behaving!

Mariy

No comments:

Post a Comment